The technical and nutritious value of functional ingredients in beverages.
An overarching trend in the beverage industry is the demand for sugar-reduced and sugar-free claims: prominently present on many recent product launches. The interpretation of functionality, however, often differs. Nowadays’ key drivers can be as much inner well-being, as energy efficiency and a natural, plant-based origin.
The art of mixology is to go functional naturally by pouring in a special ingredient…. From isotonic sports drinks to fizzy waterand soft drinks, BENEO’s ingredients offer new ways into nutritionally optimised and highly stable beverages. Quench the market’s thirst for drinks that are more gentle on blood sugar levels or bottle more slowly released, fully digestible carbohydrate energy, fibres and/or sugar-reduced sweetness.
- Beer and malt beverages
- Instant beverages
- Powdered beverages
- Dairy alternatives
- Isotonic, hypo- and hypertonic beverages
- Soft drinks, iced teas and near waters
- Add BeneoPro VWG in bread recipes to optimize dough properties, increase the bread volume and improve its crumb texture.
- Go for a source of protein claim with BENEO’s rice-based or wheat-based protein and meet the latest trend.
- An unique combination of BENEO rice starches and flours ensure good volume and fine crumb structure in gluten-free breads, securing a high quality product with non-sticky bread texture and a pleasant taste.
- With PalatinoseTM in the coating of a donut glaze (or icing), the quality (e.g. less sticky) is improved and the shelf-life of fresh and frozen donuts can be increased.
- People preferring white bread will love your fibre-enriched version with Orafti®Inulin as it does not change the colour of the bread texture usually seen with wheat fibre or bran.
- Sneak in a fibre claim thanks to the invisible property of our Orafti® Inulin. The cakes are deliciously soft and have an attractive crust colour. On top, they are fibre-enriched!
- High quality, gluten-free cakes thanks to an unique combination of rice flour & starches. Bake a nice tasting cake with good volume, soft texture & perfect colour.
- 30% sugar reduction can be achieved with Orafti® Oligofructose or Orafti® Inulin, as it easily takes over the texturizing role from the replaced sugar.
- With our Orafti® Inulin, fat-reduced cakes are easy to make. Also its sensorial properties are ideal: neutral flavour and no aftertaste ensure a light, yet indulgent treat.
- As a bulk sweetener, our Isomalt takes over the texturizing role of sugar in cakes and has a pleasant sweetness on top.