Dairy ingredients for food products – fat reduction and creamy taste.
Dairy foods are also often looked at to help bridge the fibre gap. The appeal of fibres has grown among health-conscious consumers worldwide. One of the silent drivers of this trend is digestive well-being. Nearly 70% of West-European consumers say this is important to them. Give way to refrigerated or frozen calorie-reduced dairy delight, an established part of consumers’ daily diet that is unrestricted by standard meal occasions.
Dip into the full potential of the dairy segment and make each spoonful as delightful as the next. BENEO’s functional fibres, carbohydrates and rice ingredients are an excellent addition to processed nacho cheese dips, sugar- and fat-reduced yoghurt, shakes or scoops of indulgent ice cream with increased fibre content.
- Sugar-reduced fruit yoghurt with Orafti® Inulin or Oligofructose in the fruit preparation: prebiotic fibres enabling an enhanced sweetness profile and texture.
- Sugar replacement in yoghurts and fruit preparations with Palatinose™. Next to remaining stable under acid conditions, this functional carbohydrate is not fermented by lactic acid bacteria.
- Natural fat reduction and creamy mouthfeel in yoghurts with Orafti® Inulin and/or in combination with native rice starch, a natural texturiser.
- Nice and creamy, gelatin-free set and stirred yoghurt thanks to the good texturising properties of rice starch.
- Dairy fruit preparations with good process stability with clean label, native rice starch.
In-depth information fermented products.
Recipe: Organic vanilla-flavoured yoghurt.
High-fibre yoghurt with Orafti® Inulin and native rice starch.
Recipe: Sugar-reduced strawberry yoghurt with Orafti® Inulin.
Sugar-reduced strawberry yoghurt high in prebiotic fibre, supporting a healthy and balanced digestive system.
Paper: Sugar-reduced fruit yoghurt with Orafti® chicory root fibres.
Recipe for mildly sweet yoghurt with a creamy mouthfeel and enhanced fibre content.
Paper: Clean label rice starch for stable dairy fruit preparations.
Recipe and research showing improved viscosity build-up and shelf life under harsh processing conditions.
Webinar about fermented products.
Expert webinar: Tasty fat reduction.
Relish the flavour. Orafti® fibres and rice ingredients enable tasty foods with less calories. Register for technical insights, recipes and market trends.
- Natural sugar reduction and supported blood glucose levels with the prebiotic fibre Orafti® Inulin or Oligofructose in dairy desserts and ice cream.
- No added sugar or sugar-reduced desserts with Isomalt as bulk sweetener.
- Replacement of small sugars with the low-glycaemic carbohydrate Palatinose™, reducing blood sugar response.
- Orafti® Inulin and rice starch can be used to reduce or replace fat in fresh & frozen dairy desserts while safeguarding a full, creamy mouthfeel.
- Clean label rice starch can be used to enhance body, mouthfeel and gloss of dairy desserts, also organic variety available.
In-depth information about (frozen) dairy desserts.
Recipe: Matcha soft ice premix powder with Orafti® Inulin.
High-fibre, fat-reduced matcha soft serve premix powder.
Recipe: Fat-reduced ice cream with Orafti® Inulin.
Fat reduction in dairy fermented chilled desserts, high in fibre.
Recipe: Vanilla custard with rice starch and Orafti® fibres.
A recipe that combines the best of two ingredients, for high-in-fibre, sugar- and fat-reduced creamy delight.
Paper: Sugar and fat reduced ice cream with Orafti® chicory root fibres.
Less fat or sugar and more fibre equal more carefree indulgence. Innovative product and ingredient ideation based on consumer insights and recipes.
Paper: Sugar-reduced ice cream with Isomalt.
Recipe and consumer insights about sugar-reduced ice cream with a delicate mild sweetness and only half the calories of sucrose.
Paper: Sugar-reduced vanilla pudding with Orafti® Inulin
A snack that is on-trend: less sugar, good taste and digestive well-being go portion-size.
- Sugar-reduced dairy drinks with improved functionality thanks to Orafti® Inulin and Oligofructose, prebiotic fibres promoting digestive wellbeing.
- Improved calcium absorption with Orafti® Inulin in yoghurt drinks.
- Sugar replacement in dairy drinks with the slow-release carbohydrate Palatinose™, supporting lower blood sugar levels.
- Palatinose™ is acid stable and an ideal texturising agent for yoghurt drinks as it is not fermented by lactic acid bacteria.
- Fat-reduced dairy drinks with a full, rich flavour and creamy mouthfeel with Orafti® Inulin, prebiotic fibres from the chicory root. It can easily be combined with Palatinose™ for a sustained energy supply or with rice starch as a clean label texturiser.
In-depth information about drinks.
Recipe: Feel good coffee with Orafti® Inulin.
Health & wellness trend triggers innovation in the coffee segment. BENEO offers your coffee a dash of inner well-being thanks to our prebiotic fibres.
Paper: Feel good coffee: inner wellbeing with Orafti® Inulin.
Health & wellness trend triggers innovation in the coffee segment. BENEO offers your coffee a dash of inner happiness thanks to our prebiotic fibres.
Paper: Palatinose™ low-glycaemic carbohydrates in hot chocolate.
Recipe for indulgence with the more slowly released Palatinose™, a source of fully digestible carbohydrate energy.
- Fat-reduced processed cheese with Orafti® Inulin, prebiotic fibres, retaining a good texture & mouthfeel and increasing fibre content.
- Fibre enrichment in different types of cheeses with Orafti® Inulin.
- Casein replacement in imitation cheese with rice starch.
- Creamy, fat-reduced dairy spreads enriched with fibre thanks to addition of Orafti® Inulin.
- Native rice starch contributes to the creamy mouthfeel and body of dairy spreads.
In-depth information about spreads.
Recipe: Fat-reduced dairy spread with Orafti® chicory root fibres.
Recipe for fat-reduced and high-in-fibre dairy spread: bringing stability, smoothness and excellent water binding properties to the table.
- Dairy-free milk, yoghurt and desserts with an improved mouthfeel and flavour profile with Palatinose™, a slow-release carbohydrate supporting more balanced energy levels and reduced blood sugar levels.
- Delicious plant-based dairy alternative products with creamy & smooth mouthfeel with a combination of faba bean protein and rice ingredients such as rice starch, rice flour and rice syrup.
- Fibre enrichment and supported digestive wellbeing with Orafti® Inulin & Oligofructose, prebiotic fibres supporting a balanced digestive system.
- Protein-enrichment in dairy(-free) beverages and desserts with BENEOPro FB. Our faba bean protein concentrate has a very high solubility at neutral pH and very good emulsifying properties. As such, it is an ideal ingredient for example in fruit smoothies as it avoids sedimentation issues.
- Sugar reduction in plant-based dairy alternatives with Orafti® Inulin and Oligofructose, imparting a delicate mild sweetness to better-for-you treats.
In-depth information dairy alternatives.
Recipe: Vegan cheese cake with Orafti® Inulin, rice starch & rice flour.
Take out the dairy compounds from this creamy cheese dessert and replace them with a unique combination of starch & flour and additional fibre.
Paper: Almond Bliss and belly happiness with BENEO’s prebiotics.
High-fibre almond drink gets your gut in a great mood with BENEO’s prebiotics from chicory root, that promote digestive wellness throughout the day.
Recipe: Almond chocolate drink with Orafti® and Palatinose™.
Recipe for a bright start: delicately sweet, high-in-fibre, supporting reduced blood glucose response and sustained energy levels.
Paper: Dairy alternative recipes with rice starch and rice flour as texturising agents.
Recipe for fermented strawberry rice dessert and rice drink with a smooth silky mouthfeel and neutral taste.