BENEO-Institute – knowledge to connect nutrition and health.
Consumers’ health consciousness and expectations towards today’s food are continuously rising. Health professionals need to be in a position to give guidance to both consumers and food manufacturers. The BENEO-Institute offers access on the physiology and the latest nutrition science as well as on legislative aspects related to BENEO ingredients. With this expertise BENEO supports health professionals and food and drink manufacturers in innovations that are substantiated with nutritional science.
The BENEO-Institute’s work includes:
• Nutritional research and peer-reviewed articles
• Position papers on nutritional and regulatory topics
• International research conferences and workshops
• Consultancy with respect to regulations and nutrition communication
• Support and advice in product composition
• Participation in joint/collaborative research projects
We focus on the global megatrends in nutrition science and food:
• Gut microbiota benefits with prebiotics
• Digestive health and its positive effects on overall health
• Weight management
• Blood sugar management and low glycaemic concepts
• Calcium absorption improvement and bone density
• Dental health
• Healthy nutrition during pregnancy, infancy and childhood
Knowledgeable and active in the megatrends of nutrition.
Our in-depth knowledge of nutrition is one important part of what we offer to our customers and partners. With this we continue supporting product innovation based on scientific evidence to facilitate the launch of new products. We are interested in exchange, aiming to inspire partners and be inspired to help increase the knowledge of how important healthy nutrition is and how good it can taste.
Experienced in regulatory frameworks worldwide.
The food and feed industry is continuously seeing a number of legislative changes. Ongoing communication with authorities, opinion leaders, industry associations and our network of specialists allows us to closely monitor and comment on the regulatory framework – both on a national and international level. This knowledge will not only help in complying with legislation, it is also of great value when tapping into new markets.
Improved metabolism and health with Palatinose™.
Palatinose™ – a unique slow-release carbohydrate for sustained energy, lower blood glucose and insulin response and a higher level of fat burning.
Want to know more?
Dietary fibres Q&A: digestion, digestive tolerance and more.
Frequently asked questions related to dietary fibres in general and to some specific dietary fibres, such as chicory root fibre, for a quick orientation.
Chicory root fibre and digestive health.
Find out more about the physiological benefits associated with chicory root fiber – from the prebiotic effect to weight management and more.