Ingredients for cereals – sugar reduction and crunchy texture.
Cereals are gaining ground in the snacking aisle and remain children’s all-time breakfast champion. Still, they have the reputation of being a quick and easy fix. Consumer research reveals West-European parents’ concern about the nutritional value of their children’s breakfast cereals. As much as three in five even keep a close eye on the ingredient list.
Make cereals pop again with sugar-reduced claims without crunching crispiness. Cluster more fibres and protein in gluten-free power or granola bars with an extended shelf and bowl life. Let consumers enjoy a moment of naturally sweet, though mindful indulgence. Read more about the health and technical benefits of BENEO’s functional fibres, carbohydrates, rice ingredients and proteins.
- Positive effect on bowl life with Orafti® Inulin and Oligofructose for fibre enrichment
- Improved bowl life with Palatinose™ for sucrose replacement
- Improved crispiness with Remy rice flour due to excellent hot set temperature
- Excellent taste & texture when reducing sugar with Orafti® Inulin and Oligofructose
- Nice expansion with rice protein
In-depth information about extruded cereals.
In-depth information about granola.
- Replace artificial humectants by a naturally sourced fibre, such as Orafti® Oligofructose – and keep a good shelf life
- Orafti® Inulin & Oligofructose have good binding properties to replace sugar allowing appealing fibre enrichment claims
- Reduce hardness at the beginning and over time by using Orafti® oligofructose or inulin in sugar-reduced bars
- Create great chewable cereal bars with a soft honey-like sweetness from Remy rice syrup
- Replace part of the sugar by using Isomalt in the binding syrup
- Combine the search for protein with the desire for energy from many sports minded consumers. With Palatinose™ in your protein bar, you can promote the ideal carbohydrate energy best taken for endurance sports
- White frosty flakes with less sugar..? Yes it’s possible with Remy rice starch!
- Good crispiness with Orafti® Inulin and Oligofructose in the cereal coating for sugar reduction
- Simplify your recipe with a one-coating syrup for both frosting and glaze containing Palatinose™
- Similar hardness, crispiness and sweetness between full sugar and sugar-reduced coated cereals with Isomalt
- Nice, shiny glaze with a combination of Isomalt and chicory root fibres for a “no added sugar” claim.