Ingredients for cereals – sugar reduction and crunchy texture.
Cereals are gaining ground in the snacking aisle and remain children’s all-time breakfast champion. Still, they have the reputation of being a quick and easy fix. Consumer research reveals West-European parents’ concern about the nutritional value of their children’s breakfast cereals. As much as three in five even keep a close eye on the ingredient list.
Make cereals pop again with sugar-reduced claims without crunching crispiness. Cluster more fibres and protein in gluten-free power or granola bars with an extended shelf and bowl life. Let consumers enjoy a moment of naturally sweet, though mindful indulgence. Read more about the health and technical benefits of BENEO’s functional fibres, carbohydrates, rice ingredients and proteins.
Click here to jump directly to the specific application:
Extruded cereals Granola Cereal bars Protein bars Cereal coatings
- Positive effect on bowl life with Orafti® Inulin and Oligofructose for fibre enrichment
- Improved bowl life with Palatinose™ for sucrose replacement
- Improved crispiness with Remy rice flour due to excellent hot set temperature
- Excellent taste & texture when reducing sugar with Orafti® Inulin and Oligofructose
- Nice expansion with rice protein
In-depth information about extruded cereals.
Paper: Chicory root fibres for sugar-reduced high-fibre cereal pops.
Go for a crisp and healthier start of the day with Orafti® fibres: trends and recipe.
- Reduce the sugar content of your granola without affecting that fantastic crunchy bite and sweet taste. It is possible with Orafti® Inulin or Orafti® Oligofructose.
In-depth information about granola.
Paper: Recipe for sugar-reduced granola breakfast with Orafti® Inulin.
Sugar-reduced granola breakfast high in prebiotic fibre, supporting a healthy and balanced digestive system.
- Replace artificial humectants by a naturally sourced fibre, such as Orafti® Oligofructose – and keep a good shelf life
- Orafti® Inulin & Oligofructose have good binding properties to replace sugar allowing appealing fibre enrichment claims
- Reduce hardness at the beginning and over time by using Orafti® oligofructose or inulin in sugar-reduced bars
- Create great chewable cereal bars with a soft honey-like sweetness from Remy rice syrup
- Replace part of the sugar by using Isomalt in the binding syrup
- Combine the search for protein with the desire for energy from many sports minded consumers. With Palatinose™ in your protein bar, you can promote the ideal carbohydrate energy best taken for endurance sports
- White frosty flakes with less sugar..? Yes it’s possible with Remy rice starch!
- Good crispiness with Orafti® Inulin and Oligofructose in the cereal coating for sugar reduction
- Simplify your recipe with a one-coating syrup for both frosting and glaze containing Palatinose™
- Similar hardness, crispiness and sweetness between full sugar and sugar-reduced coated cereals with Isomalt
- Nice, shiny glaze with a combination of Isomalt and chicory root fibres for a “no added sugar” claim.