Ingredients for confectionery – sugar-free and just as sweet.
Every now and then, people like to treat themselves well and dive into something indulgently sweet. By definition, the confectionery segment fits that moment perfectly! Still, even in this segment, consumers across the globe are mindful about what they snack on. Market research reporting that (at least) every 1 in 2 consumers is concerned about his sugar consumption isn’t anything new anymore. And the fact that the clean label trend his spreading it’s reach into this sweet segment is a given for some and news to others. But… to hear that consumers are interested in digestive wellness as a benefit from a sweet treat still identifies opportunities to most. And yet, about 30% of consumers in Europe and the US confirm they would consider it.
Sugar-free hard boilded candies with Isomalt:
- Sugar-like taste
- Long lasting flavour release
- Not sticky and excellent shelf life due to very low hygroscopicity
- Not needed to wrap the candies individually giving freedom to packaging creativity
- Brilliant appearance and nice colours
In-depth information about hard candies.
Sugar-free chewing gum with Isomalt:
- Less sticky gum centre thanks to the very low hygroscopicity of Isomalt
- Better form stability of the centre and improved machinability
- Isomalt can be used for replacement of sorbitol and/or mannitol in chewing gum centre
- Pure sweet taste with balanced sweetness profile
- Excellent clean label solutions for white coating with Remy rice starch
- Smooth surface with rice starch thanks to the unique small granule size of our Remy rice starch
- Fast & crunchy coating of chocolate lentils with Palatinose™
- Excellent coloured and white crunchy coating with Isomalt
- Unique translucent coating and speed coating with Isomalt
Isomalt can deliver a sensorial explosion in candy and chewing gum.
4 in 5 consumers worldwide say eating needs to be an experience
The sound, feel and sensory satisfaction provided by texture is becoming a more important component in sugar confectionery. When developers bring multiple sensorial experiences with colour, texture, taste, sound,… into one little package, they can bring that classic treat with a whole new experience.
62% of American candy lovers have consumed more confectionery because of better flavours. Combine these with additional sensorial experiences and you are on to a winner!
Why use Isomalt for translucent coating of candy or chewing gum?
– Isomalt is the only polyol that crystallizes translucent; which makes it possible to make translucent coating to cover for example coloured centres of sugar-free candy or chewing gum.
– Single batch coating. BENEO’s Isomalt has a compact crystal structure which brings about a smooth coating surface and allows for easy processing (no second syrup is necessary for finishing and before waxing). For a translucent coating with Isomalt, you just need one syrup solution as the coloured coating cores remain visible and all the different coloured cores can be coated in one single batch.
– BENEO’s Isomalt is highly soluble, requiring a lower process temperature. It offers a high quality coating without chipped corners or cracks in the surface. A coating with BENEO’s Isomalt can be realised that is among the fastest of all polyols.
– For chewing gum coatings, there is no need to use gum arabic in the Isomalt coating process. It works well without a binder, the coating layers are stable and not sensitive against mechanical stress, resulting in a lot less chipping compared to other polyols. The coating provides still a nice crunch.
Brighten the day with Mellow Moments candy.
Mix sweetness, texture and tempting colours into a sugar-free candy. We make it easy to get a hard coating with an even surface on a soft chew.