Ingredients for confectionery – sugar-free and just as sweet.
Every now and then, people like to treat themselves well and dive into something indulgently sweet. By definition, the confectionery segment fits that moment perfectly! Still, even in this segment, consumers across the globe are mindful about what they snack on. Market research reporting that (at least) every 1 in 2 consumers is concerned about his sugar consumption isn’t anything new anymore. And the fact that the clean label trend his spreading it’s reach into this sweet segment is a given for some and news to others. But… to hear that consumers are interested in digestive wellness as a benefit from a sweet treat still identifies opportunities to most. And yet, about 30% of consumers in Europe and the US confirm they would consider it.
Sugar-free hard boilded candies with Isomalt:
- Sugar-like taste
- Long lasting flavour release
- Not sticky and excellent shelf life due to very low hygroscopicity
- Not needed to wrap the candies individually giving freedom to packaging creativity
- Brilliant appearance and nice colours
In-depth information about hard candies.
Sugar-free chewing gum with Isomalt:
- Less sticky gum centre thanks to the very low hygroscopicity of Isomalt
- Better form stability of the centre and improved machinability
- Isomalt can be used for replacement of sorbitol and/or mannitol in chewing gum centre
- Pure sweet taste with balanced sweetness profile
- Excellent clean label solutions for white coating with Remy rice starch
- Smooth surface with rice starch thanks to the unique small granule size of our Remy rice starch
- Fast & crunchy coating of chocolate lentils with Palatinose™
- Excellent coloured and white crunchy coating with Isomalt
- Unique translucent coating and speed coating with Isomalt