Ingredients for confectionery products – sugar alternative solutions.
Every now and then, people like to treat themselves well and dive into something indulgently sweet. By definition, the confectionery segment fits that moment perfectly! Still, even in this segment, consumers across the globe are mindful about what they snack on. Market research reporting that (at least) every 1 in 2 consumers is concerned about his sugar consumption isn’t anything new anymore. And the fact that the clean label trend his spreading it’s reach into this sweet segment is a given for some and news to others. But… to hear that consumers are interested in digestive wellness as a benefit from a sweet treat still identifies opportunities to most. And yet, about 30% of consumers in Europe and the US confirm they would consider it.
Sugar-free hard boiled candies with Isomalt:
- Sugar-like taste
- Long lasting flavour release
- Not sticky and excellent shelf life due to very low hygroscopicity
- Not needed to wrap the candies individually giving freedom to packaging creativity
- Brilliant appearance and nice colours
In-depth information about hard candies.
Sugar-free chewing gum with Isomalt:
- Less sticky gum centre thanks to the very low hygroscopicity of Isomalt
- Better form stability of the centre and improved machinability
- Isomalt can be used for replacement of sorbitol and/or mannitol in chewing gum centre
- Pure sweet taste with balanced sweetness profile
- Excellent clean label solutions for white coating with Remy rice starch
- Smooth surface with rice starch thanks to the unique small granule size of our Remy rice starch
- Fast & crunchy coating of chocolate lentils with Palatinose™
- Excellent coloured and white crunchy coating with Isomalt
- Unique translucent coating and speed coating with Isomalt
In-depth information about texturizing solutions in coatings.
- Nice texture and good snap when reducing sugar by adding Orafti® Inulin
- Sugar-free and no added sugar with Isomalt and/or in combination with inulin
- Sucrose replacement with Palatinose™ to create a toothfriendly product
- Easy to make chewy candies entirely sugar-free with Isomalt
- Partial sugar-replacement and fibre enrichment with Orafti® fibres
- Toothfriendly and reduced blood glucose response with Palatinose™
- Create high fibre, sugar-reduced gummies with a nice taste & pleasant mouthfeel by adding Orafti® Inulin
- Offer a variety of sugar-free treats by using Isomalt as bulk sweetener
- Go for tasty gummies with an extra health benefit: a reduced blood glucose claim thanks to Palatinose™