The technical and nutritious value of functional ingredients
in salty and savoury foods.
A late night snack, refrigerated or take-away meal? Convenience and health are not naturally associated with being wholesome, balanced or natural. In the savoury segment especially the number of free-from and all-natural claims picked up. The wide appeal of plant-based formulations is in fact due to its healthful image. Over 60% of consumers worldwide say the impact of their food on health and wellbeing always influences their purchasing behaviour.
BENEO’s natural, functional ingredients offer endless opportunities for new and good recipes. Formulate gluten-free pizzas, fibre-rich cups of noodles, fat- or sugar-reduced squeezables and vegan burgers with a juicy bite,… or enhance processing, acid or thaw stability in creamy soups and sauces and improve yield on juicier chicken nuggets. Read more.
- Vegetarian: vegan burgers
- Vegan ready meals
- Add BeneoPro VWG in bread recipes to optimize dough properties, increase the bread volume and improve its crumb texture.
- Go for a source of protein claim with BENEO’s rice-based or wheat-based protein and meet the latest trend.
- An unique combination of BENEO rice starches and flours ensure good volume and fine crumb structure in gluten-free breads, securing a high quality product with non-sticky bread texture and a pleasant taste.
- With PalatinoseTM in the coating of a donut glaze (or icing), the quality (e.g. less sticky) is improved and the shelf-life of fresh and frozen donuts can be increased.
- People preferring white bread will love your fibre-enriched version with Orafti®Inulin as it does not change the colour of the bread texture usually seen with wheat fibre or bran.
- Sneak in a fibre claim thanks to the invisible property of our Orafti® Inulin. The cakes are deliciously soft and have an attractive crust colour. On top, they are fibre-enriched!
- High quality, gluten-free cakes thanks to an unique combination of rice flour & starches. Bake a nice tasting cake with good volume, soft texture & perfect colour.
- 30% sugar reduction can be achieved with Orafti® Oligofructose or Orafti® Inulin, as it easily takes over the texturizing role from the replaced sugar.
- With our Orafti® Inulin, fat-reduced cakes are easy to make. Also its sensorial properties are ideal: neutral flavour and no aftertaste ensure a light, yet indulgent treat.
- As a bulk sweetener, our Isomalt takes over the texturizing role of sugar in cakes and has a pleasant sweetness on top.